- From your Dashboard, click on the Create New dropdown
menu on the left hand side.
- It will bring up a list of your Organizations, saying Event for
and the name of your organization. Click the appropriate one you'd like to
create an event for.
- Decide if this event will take place in person or online
and select the appropriate option.
- This brings up the Event Details page where you will enter
information regarding the event, including the name, primary location address,
primary location name, event details, dates and times for the event, number of
volunteers needed as well as any special skills required, any associated causes
and the minimum age of participants. Lastly you will select if this event is
public or private.
- It is important to note you can add more than one shift for the event date (such as a morning and afternoon shift) by selecting the words Add Shift next to Volunteers Needed text box.
- Similarly you can add an additional date to the event if it takes place on more than one day, by selecting the words Add Day underneath the original date.
- The Title box next to the date selection can be used to specify what task is associated with that shift, such as outdoor work or after-school activities.
- You can choose to add an image for the event towards the top right, where it says Click to add an image.
- Once you've completed all the necessary information you can select Publish Event at the bottom.
- Your event will then show up on your Events page.
- From your dashboard, select Organizations on the left hand column.
- Select the particular organization you'd like to add a group to.
- Once inside the organization, click on Groups
underneath the organization's title.
- From there, click on the Create Group button on the far right side
of the screen.
- You will be redirected to the Create Group screen,
where you will enter the information for the group, including uploading a logo,
entering the group name and description. You can also choose to invite people to
your group and select the appropriate privacy setting you'd like.
- Private means only members in the group can see who is in the group and what they post, or you can make it Public and anyone can see who is in the group and what they post.
- Once you've entered the necessary information, click Create at the bottom right.
- Once the group is created, you are redirected to the Group
Dashboard where you can Invite people to join the group, view the About
information for the group, view requests to join the group, as well as Manage
the Group Settings.
- From your organization's home page, click on Manage Page
Settings underneath the Organization's name at the top.
- On the following page, click on Pending
Approval directly underneath your organization's logo.
- On the next page, click on the Tracking Hours
tab. You can now see all the users who have completed hours for this event.
- On the far right, under the Status column,
select the drop-down list next to the word Pending. You will have the option to
change to Approved or Denied. Select Approved.
- After the approval process, The hours have now been approved.
- Once you are logged into your account, click on the Organization
tab on the left hand side.
- It will direct you to a list of your current Organizations.
- To create a new Organization, click Create Page.
- Decide if your organization is a parent Organization or a
Sub-Organization, which is under a parent organization. Click on the appropriate
- Decide if your organization is a School or University, a Tax Exempt
entity, or Other type of organization. Click the appropriate selection.
- Enter the details of your organization, making sure you select the
appropriate organization type from the dropdown list. Click Continue.
- Enter the website address (if applicable), Mission Statement
(required) and Organization Description (required). Click
- On the next screen, upload the logo of your organization by
selecting the Upload Photo button. You can also click on the text
box next to Causes in order to select up to 5 causes associated with your
organization. You may also add applicable social media links in the following
text boxes. These can include Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, and Instagram.
- If you'd like to require a password for members of the organization
to enter the group, you can select the button next to "Our members need a
password to access the signup page" and enter that password in the following
- To verify you are an authorized member of the organization and have
the right to act on its behalf, select the check button next to the text.
- Once all information has been entered, select Register.
- Your screen will redirect to confirm you've successfully created
the organization and your information is being verified and reviewed. This
usually takes 1-2 business days.
- Once your organization has been approved, you can use the link to easily invite members to your organization.
- From your Dashboard, click on Events on the left hand
- Click on Find an Event underneath Events to see all
the different events currently available.
- To search for a particular event, you can use the Search Bar
towards the top of the screen.
- To narrow down the list of events, you can use the drop-down list
of filters next to the search bar to select opportunities with particular
Skills, Causes, and Organizations.
You can also select the Map View button to the left of these
filters to view where the opportunities are located. You can select or deselect
this button to turn the feature on and off.
- Once you find the event you'd like to attend, click the green
Sign Up Now button at the bottom of that event.
- That will open up the event details page. This may include options
for dates or times you can volunteer. Select the particular date and time you'd
like to attend (if applicable).
Click the green Sign Up button.
- Click the green Sign Up button.
- You should then see a pop-up box that says your sign up was
successful. Select OK.
- You will then receive an email from the MyVoluntier team that your
event request will be reviewed by the coordinator of the event that you signed
up for. You will receive an approval email from MyVoluntier once your event
status has moved from pending to accepted.
- YOU SHOULD NOT SHOW UP FOR THIS EVENT UNLESS YOU HAVE BEEN APPROVED BY THE EVENT ORGANIZER/ADMIN.
- To verify you are now signed up for that event, you can go back to
the dashboard under the Events title, click My Events. That should
bring up all the events you are signed up for. If you select a particular
event, you can see the dates/times you are signed up to volunteer.
- At the top right of the homepage on, click Sign
- In the pop-up window, enter the necessary information to create
your account. Click Register.
- You will then receive an email to the address you provided, asking you to confirm your email address.
- Once you confirm your email address, your account will be created.
- You then click Sign In on the website, on the top
right hand corner.
- Enter your email address and the password you created and click Sign
- You will then be redirected to your dashboard on the website and
can get started.
- Once inside My Events, open up the particular
event you want to submit hours for.
- Under the Edit Hours column, click on the
- In the pop up box, enter the number of hours you'd like to submit.
After the correct number is entered, Click
- Screen will refresh to show newly pending hours.